Soap candles or scented candles not only smell great, but they are easy to make if you are on a budget and don’t want to buy one at the store. It’s a great way to indulge in self-care and treat yourself to a relaxing night at home. They can help you unwind and de-stress. You can find all the materials you need online or at your local craft stores. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a luxury candle or soap when you can make the same thing at home to create your spa and relaxation station.
Pour yourself some wine, grab a good book, and start a bath, because your spa nights just got much better with these DIY soap candles.
- Heat-resistant pouring pitcher
- Canning jars
- Cooking thermometer
- Soy wax flakes
- Candle wicks
- Fragrance, essential oils, or soap bar
- Chopsticks or pencils
- Melt soy wax in the pitcher over a boiler with the saucepan.
- Once the wax is melted and the fragrance of your choice—if it's soap, melt it down first—remove it from the heat.
- Let the wax cool and then place the wicks inside the jars, trying to center them and secure them in place with the pencils or chopsticks.
- After the wax has cooled, pour it into the jars.
- Then let the jars cool overnight and trim the wicks down before lighting the candles.
Materials and Instructions from Jen Wang at Apartment Therapy.
If you’re looking for more self-care essentials, check out C&R Naturals for skincare and beauty products to complete your self-care night!
C&R Naturals is an all-natural beauty and skincare brand that prides itself on using the best clean ingredients. That includes zero chemicals or preservatives, making their products 100% natural. They are committed to helping you look and feel your best by inspiring confidence with their freshly made products.
Based in Albany, N.Y., C&R Naturals developed their brand with you in mind by producing only exceptional skincare that uses the most natural ingredients and botanical extracts. Their product line includes body butter, cleaners, moisturizers, soaps, and skincare kits. All products are made up to their standards, with no compromises or questionable ingredients. All formulas use pure ingredients and cruelty-free formulas to perform exceptionally.Text by Molly Cohen